Seattle Seahawks Draft Mike Morris with the 151st overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft
The Seattle Seahawks selected defensive end Mike Morris with the 151st overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. Morris is a 6’5”, 250-pound defensive end from the University of Michigan. He was a three-year starter for the Wolverines and was named a second-team All-Big Ten selection in 2022.
Morris is a very athletic edge rusher who is known for his speed and his ability to get off the ball. He is also a very good technician and is very good at using his hands to get past blockers.
Morris is a bit of a raw prospect, but he has a lot of potential. He needs to work on his strength and his consistency, but he has the tools to be a very good edge rusher in the NFL.
The Seahawks are hoping that Morris can help them improve their pass rush. The Seahawks had the 28th ranked pass rush in the NFL in 2022. Morris’s addition should help the Seahawks improve their pass rush and make them a more competitive team in 2023.
I have a strong feeling Mike Morris is going to be good for the Seahawks. Very good.
2nd round pick before a “bad” pro day. Happens. Stole him in the 5th. pic.twitter.com/5WLOGgP1fj
— Sami ON Tap (@SamiOnTap) May 13, 2023
Here are some additional details about Mike Morris:
- He was born in Detroit, Michigan on February 25, 2001.
- He played high school football at Cass Tech High School in Detroit, Michigan.
- He was a four-star recruit out of high school and was ranked as the 15th best defensive end in the country by 247Sports.
- He committed to play college football at the University of Michigan.
- He played in 45 games for the Wolverines and started 34 of them.
- He recorded 117 tackles, 15 sacks, and 22 tackles for loss during his college career.
- He was named a second-team All-Big Ten selection in 2022.
- He is expected to compete for a starting job at defensive end for the Seattle Seahawks in 2023.