Game 1 Recap Reactions
The Dodgers secure a 1-0 lead following last night’s stellar performance from Kershaw on the Mound and the Dodger’s batters. Following this 8-3 rout here are some takeaways from last night’s game:
- Glasnow was kept in the game for too long and after the Dodger’s momentum got going there was no stopping them as they scored 4 runs in the 5th inning and followed it up with another 2 in the next inning. Glasnow ended with an ABSURD 12.46 ERA and I’m not sure how he plans to shrug that off should he play in the series again.
Kevin Kiermaier puts the Rays (+140 ML) on the board with this solo home run! Dodgers lead 2-1.
— OddsUSA (@OddsUSA) October 21, 2020
- Clayton Kershaw climbed the postseason strikeout leaders passing hall of famer John Smoltz in a dominant game where he pitched 6 innings and struck out 8 batters and only had one earned run
- The Rays really got the ball rolling in the 7th and might have had a fighting chance in this game if it weren’t for Victor Gonzalez’s amazing double play where he caught the hit and threw out 43 at 2nd place that stopped the Rays momentum COLD.
What a way to get out of an inning!
Victor González catches a 105.6 MPH hit to turn the double play! pic.twitter.com/2h25YnuBFs
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) October 21, 2020
- Mookie Betts is playing like a potential World Series MVP after batting .500 and stealing 2 bases with a home run to his name in his first World Series game as a Dodger. Betts might just be what LA needed to get over the hump and finally win a World Series in the Kershaw era.
- The Rays have Blake Snell starting game 2 who has a winning record heading into this game vs the Dodgers’ Tony Gonsolin who is 2-2 this season. Dodgers need to take advantage before Morton gets some momentum for the Rays in game 3.
— MLB (@MLB) October 21, 2020